Interesting “fellow workers”

One new church plant was evangelising abusively in the Newcastle Hospital and most disconcertingly the two Americans doing this were both claiming to be me. They claimed they were Steve Grose! I was back at the hospital a few weeks later when I was stopped by the business manager of the hospital in a corridor “we have received complaints that you were going bed to bed evangelising patients in an abusive way over the last three weeks!” I and my wife were both shocked and confused. “But I was a patient in the John Hunter hospital for the last four weeks! The surgeon was going to cut my foot off after an accident. I only came home yesterday“ The manager replied, “oh we know. We saw that on the hospital admissions report.” He smiled, “ You didn’t authorise anyone to claim to be you and do this did you?” I replied I hadn’t and knew nothing of it. He said “if you ever track them down tell them it is reported to the police as identity theft.” I did track them down. I spoke to them on the phone later that week. The two Americans became abusive towards me saying they did this because I wasn’t doing my job evangelising through out the hospital. That leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. These brothers were planting a church nearby. They thought there were no other Christians in the entire region, although we believed the same gospel.

Comments